The Comfy Chair of PAD File Editors
Padded helped you build publicity and increase downloads of your software, by creating PAD files that software distribution sites can load into their product databases.
- Software descriptions for all PAD spec languages. Unicode and UTF-8 supported.
- 18 PAD extensions:
Affiliates, Article, ASP, Delphi, ESC, MSN, Newsfeed, OISV, Online Shops,
PAD Ring, PADmap, Press Release, RoboSoft, RSS Feed, Runtime, Simtel, TPA and ZDNet.
- Import/export using PADGen Company Info (CML), PADGen Program Info (PML) files and PAD file components.
- Templates to automatically handle CML/PML/PAD file component imports when starting a new file.
- Digital signing of your PAD files, via integration with third party tools.
- PAD file transfer: send your PAD file to and from your web site.
- Tooltip help for each field and content length conformance in text fields.
- Comprehensive onboard and online documentation.
- The same UI on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/X11, while preserving platform-appropriate native behaviours.
Padded is now retired software
The last release of Padded was v2.16.
Mac OS X/macOS
• Mac OS X 10.2+ (PPC/Intel32)
• Windows 98+ (32bit)
• Kernel 2.2.16+ (32bit)
Facebook (Social Media)
• Any Facebook-capable browser
In the recently released PAD 4.0 specification:
"[The PAD 4.0] format is copyright of the ASP and cannot be used without the formal licensing and permission of both the Association of Software Professionals and its agent AppVisor.com."
AppVisor.com produces an online PAD editor and provides PAD file storage and distribution. While it's disappointing that the ASP has chosen to go down the path of a proprietary data format and exclusive licensing, I have complied by removing the software from this website.
In the early days of Padded 1.xx, native binaries were also available for Sun Solaris 7/8 (i86pc and SPARC). I remain proud to have brought PAD support to so many platforms, over a very extended time when the ASP's recommended software (PADGen and PADManager) remained Windows-only.