- Feature: New 'Getting Started' links in the Company pane to help new users to find their feet.
- Feature: Pane menus now have an optional animation when the tab is changed (default: off).
- Improve: Added tooltips to listboxes that support multiple selection to explain how they're used. (Many people don't know; a bit shocking considering how common they are in apps everywhere.)
- Improve: Corrected the instruction text in the Runtime extension's languages and platforms selection dialogs.
- Improve: Nag removed from file save/export operations. Now it should only nag you when it starts up :)
- Improve: The Preferences dialog is now shown/hidden rather than created/destroyed. This improves the 'responsiveness feel', particularly on older systems.
- Improve: Pane menus rationalised to improve performance on slow systems.
- Improve: Pane menus added for Company and PAD Transfer tabs. PAD Transfer tab content reorganised a little.
- Improve: Info dialog presented for Preference dialog options clicked that require a Padded restart to be enabled. This info dialog appears once per Preference dialog session.
- Workaround: For Tk Bug 2898114 (App fails if the directory it's in contains non-ANSI characters), an error dialog is provided with some info on how users can avoid it if they trigger it.
- Fixed: Now properly handles an incorrectly formatted PAD file with more than one occurrence of a Description Language.
- Fixed: Tooltip for 'System Requirements' now properly displays.
- Fixed: On Mac, the Preferences and Templates dialogs could sometimes appear behind the main window.
- Fixed: On Mac, at start up, the main window could sometimes appear behind other applications rather than in front of them.
- Improve: Templates base directory is now separately configured in Prefs dialog.
- Improve: Wording tweaked in the Instructions for the Templates Manager. It now refers to the exact link text.
- Improve: On Windows and X11, toolbar spacing tweaked to be more platform appropriate and there's now a separator between it and the main menu.
- Change: Minor visual tweaks to the Check for Updates info dialog and the About dialog's animation.
- Change: On both Mac and Windows, a new app icon with a new Teddy.
- Fixed: Loading a PAD file would load the active template, after clearing all fields, before loading the file's data. This could cause an application error.
Users of Padded v2.14 and v2.14.1 are strongly advised to upgrade.
- Feature: Import from and export to PADGen Company Info (CML) and Program Info (PML) files.
- Feature: Import data from Company, Software, Descriptions and Extensions sections of PAD files.
- Feature: Templates Manager to handle any CML/PML/PAD file component imports when starting a new file. Launched using 'Edit ⇒ Templates'.
- Feature: Toolbar controls disappear in an orderly manner if there's not enough room and reappear when the window is widened again.
- Improve: Better droplist/dropbox sizing improves experience for users on 640x480 (particularly the Categories section).
- Change: Font changes in the Descriptions Tab now uses a new method, in preparation for a significant new feature to come later. This also fixes a bug in v2.13 where
fonts changes in the Descriptions Tab were not applied.
- Change: On Windows and X11, the File/Open/Save buttons are back to normal platform appropriate buttons.
- Fixed: Line wrapping values updated in informational boxes for the Delphi, Article and Simtel extensions.
- Fixed: On Mac, removed irrelevant basekit menu items that were present for dialogs and secondary windows, which shouldn't have had menus at all.
Version 2.14.1 added the following fixes:
- Fixed: Deleting a template didn't refresh the main window's Templates droplist selection values, allowing the user to accidentally select a deleted template.
- Fixed: Where a template is active and it was renamed, the 'selected' name in the droplist and Templates Manager wasn't updated.
- Improve: Entry widgets in Font Chooser now more native.
- Improve: Nag is now less annoying during the 30 day trial period, more annoying in 'extra time', and provides a means to buy and input the license from all nag dialogs.
- Feature: New 'Disable gradient in side panes' option in Preferences.
- Improve: Font select/reset in Descriptions now determines its target from the visible window, rather than the listbox selection (no more warning
dialogs that you haven't selected a language to apply a font change to).
- Improve: Textbox clean-up (scrollbars are now innies).
- Improve: If the program is run outside a windowing environment (eg, from DOS, an ssh session, etc), it now presents a cleaner error message without the error trace.
- Change: Data collection from the Descriptions Tab now uses a new method, in preparation for a significant new feature to come later.
- Improve: Improved initial positional placement of window and dialogs.
- Improve: Minor tweaks for users with very low screen resolutions (640x480).
- Feature: A new toolbar with buttons controls the UI replaces the old notebook. This toolbar can be hidden and shown just like the Status bar.
- Feature: Mac users now get handy New/Open/Save toolbar buttons, just like Windows and X11 users.
- Feature: Window/Tab selection can controlled through the 'View--Window...' menu.
- Feature: On X11, where LibSSL can't be loaded, Padded can now continue on by disabling those features that require it (PAD transfer over HTTP/s).
- Improve: Listbox clean-up (scrollbars are now innies). 'Select' links get their on-hover underlines back.
- Improve: New license format incorporated which resolves all remaining issues with Mac OS X Leopard on Intel. The new format is also a lot less likely to be
mangled by email software. The format for versions 2.07-2.11 remains recognised, so existing license holders won't notice any change.
- Fixed: On Windows Vista/Seven: Config directory changed.
- Improve: To reduce flicker (and increase speed) when adding new language descriptions and extensions, Padded now provides a 'Please wait' frame.
- Feature: Reintroduced intro text for the Extensions tab. Intro text returns if you remove all PAD extensions.
- Feature: On Linux, Padded now tests for the correct OpenSSL libs and pops up a dialog leading to download and installation instructions if not present.
- Improve: On Linux, Padded now uses TLS 1.6 on LibSSL 0.9.8 (up from 0.9.7). Tested against Debian 5.0 (Lenny), Ubuntu 9.04 (Jackalope) and CentOS 5.3.
- Improve: On Mac OS X, Padded now uses TLS 1.6 on LibSSL 0.9.8 (up from 0.9.7).
- Improve: Affiliates extension now using disclosure frames again. On load, where an affiliate site has content, it's set to open automatically to ensure the content is clearly visible.
- Improve: On Windows and X11, New/Open/Save button bar has appropriate right-padding.
- Improve: On X11, Padded now provides an explicit suggestion to set the BROWSER environment variable if it's missing.
- Improve: General refresh and testing of old Solaris port.
- Improve: General cosmetic changes.
- Fixed: WINE 1.0.1 changed its registry tree enough to fool our detection. Consequently DND attempted and failed to load even though we know the lib doesn't work there.
- Fixed: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), and possibly 10.6 (Snow Leopard), had an issue where some licenses would not correctly validate.
- Improve: The 'Updates are available' dialog is now resizable (and defaults to a larger size) for easier reading.
- Improve: On Mac, spacing in some dialogs with listboxes improved, particularly the Software-Requirements section.
- Improve: On Mac, new Safari-style and steel buttons.
- Improve: New 'Why Register' text.
- Fixed: A few Transfer tab MessageBoxes didn't return focus to the main window when okayed.
- Fixed: Signing command tooltip now bound to its entry rather than its label.
- Fixed: Error when loading file with no Language Description sections at all (eg, buggy PAD files or XML files that aren't PAD files).
- Fixed: Removed the 'Compact PAD file' Prefs option (not set to On by default) is it can be the cause of PAD file incompatibilities.
Version 2.10.1 is a Mac-only release on 2009-08-19. Bug-fix for the Mac-only disabled expiry widget error.